Heat All Around

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Amateur Psychologists

Recently, due to a certain firestorm that has swept up and somehow brought us into its concentric winds, my daughter and I have been the dubious recipients of some amateur psychologists...so I decided, what the hey, lets see what I'd find if I did a Google Image search of AMATEUR PSYCHOLOGIST...and boy, oh boy was it ever enlightening... For instance take a gander at picture number ONE...

...is this picture suggesting amateur psychologists have blocks IN their heads or are just plain BLOCKHEADED? Either way I don't think it is a really GOOD thing, and probably not something I would want to have on my résumé should I ever think about taking up a career of actually having people think I might know what the Hades I am talking about...but then I don't profess to give out psychological advice without the education and/or approved certification to back it...cause I think that would be sorta BLOCKHEADED! Especially given the state of today's litigious society, don't you? But moving on. My next Google image really had me scratching my firing graying cells...that's brain matter, by the way...
a tool chest...a BIG tool chest. I must admit this had me pondering its significance when you place it within the context of AMATEUR PSYCHOLOGIST. There is, of course the shovel, which could suggest the unschooled speaker is just shoveling the...well you know what...or trying to drill into the firing synapses of what makes a person's emotions fluctuate...and I gotta tell you if this is what your amateur psychologist suggest don't walk...RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN...or it could be that the amateur has spent too much time thinking the head he's supposed to hammer isn't the one on the end of the nail but the one protruding from his/her own shoulders...which could explain why that person might think they were qualified to give therapeutic advice, but FYI...you're not. Then I came to this one, which I must admit felt a little closer to an explanation...what do you think...

...talking to aliens? Spend enough time doing that and I'm sure you could convince yourself you were Mahatma Ghandi, Mother Theresa and Sigmund Freud all wrapped into one entity. I guess those alien mind control beams are really something...can't say I know this from first hand experience, but since Google claims this as a verifiable image of an Amateur Psychologist, who am I to buck what I see in black and white...after all proof is in the seeing right?...And yet couldn't it all boil down to someone just wanting to take on the persona of the last Google Image of and Amateur Psychologist?


Just a little devil doing little devil things?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I find it laughable that certain people think you have to already be mentally unstable to be driven to the brink. Don't you just love these so-called experts who got their expertise from self-help books? What would we do without their vast and endless array of wisdom?

Lin said...

Have a lot less people tipping over the brink.

Anonymous said...

Wow searching for blogs on amateur psychologists.

You're ranked pretty high on the search, don't know what brought it on, but this clearly shows you're quite the crackp... I mean poorly educat... No that's not quite it. Complete loony. Sounds about right.

Seriously? Base your arguement on a google image search? I would say I hope you never have kids but it appears I'm too late. Feel sorry for her. If you find that this is a reasonable source for an argument, I can't imagine you raised your daughter to be all that level headed.

I hope she's not as messed up as you are.