Heat All Around

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

WHY SANTA IS A LADY IS A PHENOMENAL COVER

 I arrived at Muse it Up Publishing back on March 28, 2010 when I sent my first Manuscript, (MS) to Lea Schizas, the delightful publisher embarking on putting together the Publishing House that would become Muse It Up Publishing House with its Debut on Sept. 10th.

My manuscript, SANTA IS A LADY, contracted less than three hours later on March 29th got me my very first ever book cover and OMG what a book cover it was...Take a look while I explain what makes it a SPECTACULAR COVER.

When I wrote SANTA IS A LADY I had no idea I was writing the first of a three part series. I actually wrote it as a stand-a-lone.

Being new and green and having a long standing love of books I practically fell all over myself when I got the mock-up for my cover. Seeing MY title, MY name, MY publisher, together was like a dream come true...one I'd been holding, locked inside a secret place in my heart for a lot longer than I care to admit.

Okay, I have to admit, there was A bit of disappointment. Angie Brightwell, my heroine has reddish brown hair, and the figure my CA gave me had darker brown hair. Still...maybe...could I ask her to change it? I'd put in the CA form the actual color of my heroine's hair, but maybe it doesn't matter. What do I know? And yet, Angie ISN'T Angie, to me, with dark brown hair.

With my heart in my throat I e-mailed the CA and voiced my concern. Within a short time Angie as she now appears came back...and VOILA...MY Angie appeared.

Now I should explain...Angie on the cover ISN'T really the Angie in my story...how COULD she be? My Angie is disabled. My Angie dresses up as Santa in a traditional Santa suit not in a suit geared towards letting the world know a very lovely lady with lady's curves fills out the red suit beneath those curves. My Santa tucks her silky mane up into the oversized Santa cap so no one will know a woman's head, not the jolly old elf's fills out the furry hat.

My story takes place in Northeringale, a place celebrating the wintry traditions of Christmas. Water droplets aren't usually a part of the Christmas scenery during the rush towards Santa's visit, but the cover artistry with a water droplet falling from the poinsettia leaf works magnificently...although I never mention such a plant in the story overtly.

This cover is not a blatant depiction from my book and yet it is PERFECT for my story...SOOOO perfect in fact it released to the public on December 1, 2010. it only had the month of December to make it's mark in order to earn fifth place in its category to win the

2010 Preditors and Editors Readers Poll.

OMG...WOW Have I hit the JACKPOT or what?

Will all my future covers prove to be this dynamic?

I guess we'll have to keep looking forward to see won't we.

You will come back, won't you?

No comments: